Welcome to my little patch and thanks for stopping by! I hope you can be inspired in some way by my creations. If blogger is playing nicely please leave me a comment so I know you were here! :) Star xx

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Cybercrop Weekend

Well my membership to Uproar 2 Scrapmore was approved at the very last second so I was able to join in on their cybercrop. It was a fairytale themed CC and not only proved to be very enjoyable but also allowed me to think outside the box and tackle projects that I normally wouldn't.

This is a picture of my layout for the members challenge. The first 4 people to reply with a requirement afer the thread was unlocked set the boundaries for this challenge. They were bling, pink, gold and a castle. I went with the my home is my castle addege and this is what I came up with:



The next challenge involved making a layout using paper piecing, something I have never tried before. My brain wandered back to my old days of applique and that's when I came up with my brainwave. The title "Little Prince" is fairytale themed, of course! :-) Here tis:



For this challenge you had to create your own sketch and then create a layout from it. I usually scrap from sketches so coming up wih my own was a little tricky but again another challenge and here is the end result which I am pretty pleased with. The other requirements were fairytale title, minimum of 2 PP's and flowers:

This final challenge was to think of our subject as one of the 7 Dwarfs or to come up with a new dwarf name. If Cody was a dwarf he would definitely be Cheeky. The requiremens were to use your dwarf name as the title, had to have flowers and stitching. I stiched the little stars in the top right hand corner and the little flowers in the top left were punched out of the circle PP, I just lined up the punch with the middle of the circle so the centres of the flowers were created from the middle dot and therefore a different colour. I love the way this one turned out. Take a look:

So there they are, my four layouts from the weekend. I am so proud of myself for completing the whole CC as it was such a large workload to get done. But I did it and even if it took me till 11pm monday night to load them into the gallery (cut off was midnight) it was worth it. Now I just have to wait for the votes to roll in. ;-) Either way it was fun and I now have 4 more layouts for my album and 4 more to add to my challenge tally. So that brings me to a total of 5 .......... 15 to go!!!!!

Happy Scrapping

Amanda xoxo

No comments: