Welcome to my little patch and thanks for stopping by! I hope you can be inspired in some way by my creations. If blogger is playing nicely please leave me a comment so I know you were here! :) Star xx

Monday, November 24, 2008

Round Four ......

...... challenge was to use brown as the dominant colour, inking, brackets, journalling and your choice of either a 12x12 or 8x12 layout.


I have had these October Afternoon papers sitting at the top of my stash for a few weeks now and they were just begging to be 3Ded. I used one sheet with some of my Chocolate Box CS from Coredinations as a base which I tore to expose the green core - yum! I inked a Bazzil border strip with brown and gold ink - it started off bright yellow - and added this and a strip of brown suede along side the photo. The alphas are doodlebug, the sticky ones, that I have flocked with the doodlebug flocking powder. I added my journalling around the title and finished off by inking around the edge again in brown and gold ink.
The quality of work coming from this competition is amazing considering that we only have 24 hrs to complete and many work ft and have family commitments as well. It has really helped me develop my scrapping skills and I honestly feel that I am finally beginning to find my own style. Some of the layouts I have produced I feel have been some of the best that I have ever done.

1 comment:

Cate Brickell said...

it looks great! and isn't the best part that some photos are getting scrapped?! I'm definately gonna try and play along next time!