Welcome to my little patch and thanks for stopping by! I hope you can be inspired in some way by my creations. If blogger is playing nicely please leave me a comment so I know you were here! :) Star xx

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Some latest work to share.

Been working on challenges for the Deb's cybercrop the last few days so thought I wold share my latest creations.

This layout was for Gayatri's challenge. She challenged us to use only Kaisercraft products (except alphas) to create a layout. (I guess inspired by her recent application for the Kaiser DT) You had to use mre than one range of pp (the more the better), b&w/sepia pic & hand journalling.

I used about 5 different paper ranges I think and this is what I came up with. (Oh and the layout was also based on one of sketches)


This one was a blind challenge set by Vicki. I love blind challenges as you don't have to think too much and the pages come together really quickly ..... but only if the instructions are clear otherwise you can spend hours pushing bits of paper around! I have learnt this from previous experience! Papers here are Cosmo Cricket - Jacks World which I think really suit the page. Also used one of my Journal It's by Star word tickets and 2 Crafty chipboard.


This one was based on a sketch provided by the lovely Angie. I have used My Minds Eye Penny Lane pp's and a collections birdy. The ribbon was sent to me by my lovely friend Corinne - mwah! Love it!


This last piece of work is for the Deb's Master Blaster challenge. This is the 3rd of 6 challenges in total. You had to make a sign that Deb could hang in her shop in the colours of the forum logo. I am not sure where my crazy idea came from but I woke with this idea in my head and it just grew from there. I was at it for 4 hours straight and this is what I came up with.


The frame was made by layering strips of chipboard to raise the sides and then I covered it in bazzil embossed dot CS. The big flowers are my Handmade Flowers by Star which I have added other lace and velvet flowers to. Flourishes are from Scapcutz. The hanging butterflies were made from digital images which I printed twice and back to backed. I then set eyelets in them to hang them between wired strands of beads. While I was looking for beads I found some bells so I attached them to the bottom so that it can twinkle in the breeze. They are all hanging off a coathanger that I cut up and attached from the back of the sign.


Have a few more challenges to complete before the Cybercrop at Uproar starts tomorrow night. Theme is Hop to It and it should be a heap of fun!

1 comment:

Gayatri said...

Beautiful layout Amanda. Love how you have used both my sketch and challenge for the layout. Its fantastic. Thanks for participating. Love you other layouts too. Awesome work as usual.
Hugs
Gayatri
BTW, I received the flowers. They are just beautiful. Thanks a ton.