Welcome to my little patch and thanks for stopping by! I hope you can be inspired in some way by my creations. If blogger is playing nicely please leave me a comment so I know you were here! :) Star xx

Thursday, October 20, 2011

It's been awhile ....


Almost 2 weeks since my last post. Life has been busy to say the least, the shop has been travelling along nice and strong and it bringing my dream of being a work from home mum true!

I have managed to squeeze in a few challenges, scrapping keeps me sane and without it I think I would be lost.

Having limited time I thought it best to start with a few sketches .... eliminates some of the paper shuffling ;)

I started with the October 1st sketch from Stuck?!


I have to admit that the sketch threw me at first and I just wasn't sure what to do with it but when it all came together I think it's turned out to be one of my favourite pages. I think I like the limited colour pallette with the pops of red. I also got to use my new Mr Huey's white mist and splat Crafter's Workshop template (thanks Peta :) ) and what's a layout without a little bit of WOW ... I used the 12" Cog Border on this one cut into 2 pieces. Also a scalloped circle Journal It from D-lish.


Next up is the October sketch challenge from Lime Tree Creations.


I thought I would have the perfect doiley to go in that circle area under the title but once I choose my photo and papers I didn't have a colour to match :( So instead I punched a scalloped circle of patterned paper and used one of the trims to add a decorative edge around it. I've also used a little WOW chipboard on this one; the 'Proud Mum' title and the butterflies from the Girl card pack. I've also included a few D-lish goodies too, a Journal It Date strip and pink lace washi tape.


TFL Star xx

2 comments:

donna said...

Gorgeous Star!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Amanda. Thank you for playing along with Lime Tree Creations