Welcome to my little patch and thanks for stopping by! I hope you can be inspired in some way by my creations. If blogger is playing nicely please leave me a comment so I know you were here! :) Star xx

Saturday, February 23, 2013

Inspired Blueprints #84

Time for another Inspired Blueprints reveal. To be honest this sketch scared the pants off me at first, too much filled in space and too many photos. I then remembered my collection of 2x3 prints from Christmas and with the idea of shrinking the design area I was off!

Here's the sketch in question:


I teamed up my prints with a kit I purchased from A Piece of Cake Designs and here's what I came up with:


My friends were quite impressed at how quickly I managed to pull it all together. I am usually such a slow scrapper, taking my time to get everything 'just right' whatever that means lol I stayed quite true to the sketch in terms of the photo area, just shrinking it and moving to the right. I then added a small cluster of embellies to balance it up on the left.

Some close ups of the detail:


A big twine bow, some wooden stars and a little inking through the punchinella CW template.


Some more wooden shapes, Cherry Flair from the kit and the rhinestone circles I picked up in the $2 shop.


Mixed font title with some sparkly newsprint Thickers, about as close to glitter as this girl gets!

So if you need a kick start to get creative a sketch is a great place to start. There is a new one every Friday, simply upload your take on any from the month to go in the draw for the sponsored prize!

Hope to see one from you in the IB Gallery soon!

Thanks for stopping by
Star xx

3 comments:

Chloe said...

LOVE your take on this sketch, amanda! So glad I wasn't the only one scared when I saw this sketch LOL!! Love the addition of white space and all the sweet embellies!

Anne P said...

Wow, this has worked out totatally fabulous. LOVE those little stenciled stars.

Hilde Aaslund aka Scoobie said...

Love the non traditional color combo for a Christmas layout. Great mix of different elements and tecniues - TFS!